Name introduces us to the world, be it the name of a person or anything, hence, “Name” plays an important role in mobile application too. It introduces application to the App store and to the world. Most of the times first impression says it all, so name of a mobile application plays a vital role in its success.
Let us understand what a name conveys. Ideally it should be easy to pronounce and coordinate with the purpose of the app. When someone is going through the app store with certain requirement, then the name should answer the first hand questions coming in mind. We can say that with an apt name compulsive buyers can be attracted towards buying application.
Stick to the following key points while naming your mobile application:
With the ever increasing competition standing ahead of your competitors is important and making a mark in the mind of user so that they remember the application is necessary. If the name is remembered clearly solving the purpose then it can be recommended to others easily too.
Name should be focused and precise in such a way that it reflects the main essence of the application. It should not deviate from the core purpose of the mobile application and should be easily relate with its goal.
Let us see what the mobile application world is doing while naming their applications:
1. Joining two parts to name your application: Best application names can be derived by joining the main function of the application and the compliment that enhances its purpose. One such example is AIRBNB giving all the answers in one go.
2. Chose an authentic name: Make sure the name does not look like copy, it is original and authentic.
3. Easy to pronounce: The name should be such that it is easily pronounced and simple, only then it can be remembered clearly. You can definitely create a new word for mobile application but keep in mind it is easily pronounced.
4. Upper and lower cases: there are few apps that have combination of upper and lower case alphabets. You can break the stereotype and write it in a simple way so that it leaves a mark in the mind of user and can never be forgotten.
5. 11 letter name: it is said that short and easy names are good and with that it is also said that the name should have a maximum of 11 characters hence, precise and nice.
In the end we would suggest that take your time as there are no set rules that can give you a successful name to your mobile application. Keep a unique name and make a mark in the mobile application world.