Apps like Airbnb: Traveling somewhere you’ve never been before is the most exciting experience you could ever feel. Exploring a new place, its food, culture, and traditions might make you extremely thrilled.
But when it comes to planning and rolling out with bookings, people get overwhelmed with the pool of options, which makes the task quite challenging. And this is where mobile apps come to your rescue.
Today mobile apps have become a crucial part of every business, and travel & tourism weren’t far enough to catch the trend. Furthermore, mobile app development plays an important role in the travel industry today.
These apps are easy and convenient to communicate with travel companies, book tickets, suites, and leverage great deals. As we escalate into the digital world, the need for mobile apps for traveling will increase and continue to evolve in the future.
Regardless of size and category, all travel companies and tour operators build their own travel mobile applications to make proper arrangements for their clients and also provide many discounts and other special offers too.
If you are a regular traveler or someone who fancies going on trips once or twice a year, you have probably used or at least heard of Airbnb by now.
The launch of feature-rich travel apps like ‘Airbnb’, has made our whole traveling spree far more comfortable and economical.
These days, travelers don’t stumble down through dozens of applications for hotel booking, property rental, or finding affordable places for their stay, as Airbnb serves all these services. It is the ultimate stop to book your whole trip. There are millions of users, who are currently accessing Airbnb.
In the era of fast-paced technology, investing and developing the fastest growing and billion-dollar rental booking apps like Airbnb can be a profitable decision for startups, entrepreneurs, and leading brands. But, deep down everyone is anxious to know ‘how much does it cost to develop an app like Airbnb?’
What is Airbnb?
It’s a rapidly growing and billion-dollar valuations property rental booking app. This app provides a tempting marketplace for people seeking non-expensive apartments or houses or rents for a short span of time.
Being an extremely popular digital platform, it offers a whole different level of experience than the standard way of booking hotels or rooms.
The property owners can even list their house or apartment on this mobile application. And this is why it is appreciated by millions of users across the world. Listed below are some noteworthy statistics that the company now has:
- 100 million users
- 640,000 hosts
- 2-3 million listings
- 500,000 guests stay per night via Airbnb
- The estimated revenue is around $900 million
So, if you’re planning or want to make your own profit through a mobile application that functions as well as Airbnb, but don’t know how or where to start, look no further, here we will help you to make a similar platform for an ideal service.
Well, before diving into the development cost, let’s understand the working model and the integrated features of Airbnb.
How does Airbnb work and make money?
Since the entire architecture of Airbnb is based on travelers and owners, developing an app similar to this can be a complicated task. This digital platform is providing services in over 190 countries.
- Property Owners: By providing their information to sign up into the app, the property owner lists out the essential details like amenities provided, pricing, conditions, etc.
- Travelers: Travelers browse property in a particular location that best suits their needs and fits the requirements right. Travelers book a property for a day or night or a couple of days using Airbnb and pay the mentioned amount for the property.
Here, Airbnb debuts their commission, which is around 10%, and pays the remaining amount to the host. It receives a 3% of transaction charge from its guests for every confirmed reservation.
Here are the few major features that you need to integrate:
- Registration: Just like any other app, registration or sign-in is the first thing to consider in the app that allows users to register with their mobile number or email ID and agree to the basic terms and conditions. To create this element, it might take you around 12 hours and will cost you $200 approximately.
- Create Profile: The users have to fill in the necessary details that include name, date of birth, gender, address, etc. And a developer can take a whole day to create this feature that would cost you approx $450.
- Filters: It has to be made two ways, one for the user and the other one for the property host. And the filters are added accordingly. A highly skilled developer might take up to 24 hours, but since it’s a tad bit complex, it can cost you more than $500.
- Sign in
- User Profile
- Booking History
- Home Listing
- Explore Hotels
- Ratings & Review
- Sign in
- Manage Profile
- Manage Home Listing
- Booking List
- Manage Services
- Rate and Review Guests
- Account Details
- CRM Integration- It’s the best feature one can implement in your travel mobile app. It helps in better interactions with customers.
- Cloud Environment- It helps you to manage clients’ data anywhere and at any time.
- Live Chat- To enhance customer experience, one can leverage this feature. To get instant support users can use this element.
- Travel Guide- For a better touring experience, one can provide this feature so that the customers know what is stored in for them during the whole trip.
Apps like Airbnb – How much does it cost to create an Airbnb-like app?
After the thorough analysis, and discussion of all features, to design and develop apps like Airbnb, it will take around 130 days and its development cost would be around $20,000 to $35,000 in India but it may vary depending upon the various geographics.
Most developers prefer to hire a mobile app development company to customize such apps, as it includes lots of functionality and services. And here, at Yugasa, you can lay out your ideas and see them turn into reality.
Their experts leverage the latest technological trends to build the running models for their clients. So, you can always get connected with them and see your vision bearing fruits under their expertise.
- Top 10 mobile app development companies in Delhi NCR
- DOCTOR APPOINTMENT BOOKING APP DEVELOPMENT: A QUICK GUIDE