Hybrid App Frameworks are great options for reaching a wide range of audiences of different operating systems. This blog will come with the top 10 hybrid frameworks for mobile app development projects in 2021.
With the emergence of technology, people are experiencing the functionality of desktop computers on their hand-held devices, giving rise to smartphone usage. It has even been observed that smartphone users are growing more rapidly than mobile devices.
That’s why mobile applications have become a faster way to reach broader and more diversified audiences. When it comes to mobile applications, there are several factors related to mobile app development for success.
First, frameworks are responsible for the triumph of mobile apps. The reason behind this is that hybrid mobile development frameworks are never compromised between cost and functionality.
Finding out how to select the best hybrid mobile app framework in 2021 is not as simple as it looks at first glance. It is a complicated technical and business decision that will impact the roadmap of an app for its entire life cycle.
To be more specific, the framework choice defines the development team, project management, frequency of updates, and set of features offered to users. So, which is the proper framework for your hybrid app development? In this blog, we will provide the top 4 best frameworks to help you make the optimal choice!
Before proceeding to the actual discussion topic, let’s start with the introduction of hybrid app development. So,
What is hybrid app development?
Hybrid app development can be defined as a combination of native and web app development. As hybrid apps are developed for more than one platform, you will need the eBay cross-platform framework.
These applications are built using web technologies, including HTML, JS, and CSS. They are easy and fast to develop native. Cost-saving and a single code base are more significant advantages of mobile app development.
Now, let’s come back to hybrid mobile app frameworks.
Top 4 hybrid app frameworks to consider in 2021
To get the best hybrid app for your business, you need a highly advanced and exceptional framework. The top 4 hybrid app frameworks are mentioned below. You can choose for your 2021 mobile app development project.
Framework #1 – Ionic
Launched in 2013, Ionic is one of the most traditional hybrid app development frameworks. There are more than 5 million apps developed with Ionic in the market. That’s why many companies and developers trust this hybrid app framework.
The mobile applications built with this framework offer a native-like mobile experience to users. This framework allows developers to create an app with great graphical representation and advanced themes that make it user-friendly. That’s why apps built with Ionic are highly interactive.
- Single Codebase: Like other frameworks, Ionic has a single codebase making development more accessible.
- Plenty of UI elements: As UI styling is different for multiple platforms, Ionic provides a vast array for selecting the right components.
- Strong community: Ionic has a well-experienced, supportive and positive community.
- Errors with heavy apps: Ionic can’t compare to other hybrid apps’ speed. The more complicated the app, the less speed of the apps.
- It depends on plugins: Ionic has too many plugins for its apps which may affect the performance of mobile apps.
- No hot reloading: Ionic doesn’t support the hot reloading feature. It means this framework doesn’t allow you to make changes in real-time.
Framework #2 – React Native
Next on the list of the best hybrid app frameworks that will rock in 2021 is React Native. React Native app development provides a native-like experience to users.
Mobile applications are built in this framework by combining native app development and interface development procedures with JS serving as the coding language. Like Xamarin, React Native can use its APIs for excellent functionality and performance.
- Performance comparable to a native app: Like Xamarin, React Native can use device features to make it as good as a Native app.
- Cost-effective: React Native is cheaper than other competitors.
- Simple UI: The UI of React Native is simplified and easy to understand.
- Lack of documentation and expertise: As React Native is a new platform with many fresher developers, there is a severe lack of documentation and expertise.
- Limited Third-Party Solutions: They have limited third-party solutions. It means there is a high chance that React Native app development project will stop working when a new build of native is launched.
- Instability & Compatibility issues: React Native apps are prone to instability and may even have compatibility issues.
Framework #3 – Flutter
Launched by Google, Flutter is one of the latest hybrid app development frameworks. This framework allows developers to develop mobile apps for different platforms with a single codebase.
It is a complete UI software development kit that uses DART – a programming language combo of Kotlin and Java. What’s more, it also develops highly inventive UIs with flexible designs.
- Highly popular: Not only Google but Alibaba as well use Flutter for some of its advanced functions.
- Speed: The flutter app’s speed is impressive for a hybrid app framework.
- Seamless UI design: Apps built on the Flutter framework have futuristic design elements that are easy to implement.
- Apps are larger: Mobile apps with Flutter are 40% larger than even native counterparts.
- Limited community: The community for Flutter is limited and will take time to develop.
Framework #4 – Xamarin
Launched by Microsoft, Xamarin is one of the most popular hybrid frameworks for 2021. It is used to build aesthetically pleasing cross-platform apps that run smoothly on different platforms such as Android, iOS, and Windows.
- Singular Technology: With Xamarin, developers can reuse 95% of code for a different platform as it uses C# based on the .Net framework for all apps.
- Performance is as good as a native app: Unlink other hybrid solutions, Xamarin is comparable to other Java and Swift-C in-app performance.
- Easy to maintain: Due to its cross-platform app, Xamarin makes maintenance and updates easier than ever.
- Costs: Xamarin for professionals and businesses are more expensive than other development platforms.
- Lack of experienced developers: Unlike its competitors, Xamarin has minimally experienced developers as many professionals use other alternatives.
These top 4 mobile app development frameworks can be considered for developing your following hybrid apps. If you are wondering which one to use for your app development project or looking for a reliable hybrid app development solution, get in touch with Yugasa!
How can Yugasa help in hybrid mobile app development?
If you want to invest in result-driven hybrid app development for your business, boost your digital presence with our futuristic mobile app solution for different platforms.
Yugasa is a dedicated mobile app development company with many years of experience in delivering innovative and successful hybrid apps for startups and established businesses.
For more information about hybrid frameworks, get in touch with us!