Content Management System platforms: Developing a website is more accessible than even in 2021, thanks to many platforms or software. There are several platforms to select from, enabling you to create any website.
However, CMS (Content Management System) is a better platform for website development than others in 2021.
A Content Management System platform allows you to develop a website without understanding code quickly. However, it might be challenging to select the best CMS for your needs with many CMS options.
So, if you are confused about what CMS platform to use for website development in 2021, we have collected the top six Content Management System platforms to help. But, before we get to the list, let’s first start with the CMS introduction.
What is a Content Management System
A CMS platform helps to manage content and create a website easily. With a Content Management System, you don’t need to learn a programming language and write complicated codes for website development. Instead, CMS software allows you to build a website without any code or programming language.
Six best CMS software solution in 2021 – Content Management System Platforms
Let’s take a look at the top six Content Management System platforms for website development in 2021.
#1 – WordPress.org
WordPress.org is one of the best Content Management System platforms as it powers around 35% of websites on the internet. WordPress.org is a free open source designed for blogging. However, it’s used by all sorts of websites/online stores.
- WordPress offers you the flexibility and freedom to build any website.
- WordPress is well designed for search engine optimization (SEO).
- WordPress is ideal for both newbies and experienced developers thanks to its a lot of extensibility.
- Slow Page Speed
- Website Vulnerability
- Frequent Theme and Plugin Updates
- You Need Lots of Plugins For Additional Features
WordPress itself doesn’t cost anything. But, you will need a domain name (around $9-$15 per year) and a hosting account with a web host that can run on the WordPress platform.
#2 – Joomla
Joomla is a popular free open source Content Management System platform that comes with several templates and extensions.
While it is free to use, you will need hosting and a domain name. Packed with features and many web hosts, It is an ideal CMS platform for experienced website developers. So, it’s not a good option for beginners.
- It gives you lots of flexibility and several options
- It’s easy to edit your content.
- Easy for portals with forums
- Easy setup
- Framework is robust
- The dashboard should have more options
- It can’t create a very complex website
- Some extensions should have a free version
Joomla itself is complimentary, while you have to pay for a domain name and web hosting that supports this CMS software. If you want more functionality for your website, you need to pay for some extensions.
#3 – WooCommerce
High flexibility and easy to manage capability make WooCommerce the most popular eCommerce platform in the world. In addition, you need to use WordPress on your website for installing WooCommerce as it runs as a plugin on WordPress.
- Easy and fast to implement if you have an existing WordPress website
- It offers a well-rounded suite of tools.
- Competitive pricing makes it attractive to small businesses.
- Sometimes slows down websites when loading info.
- Improvements in mobile UI.
WooCommerce plugin is free. However, you may need to pay for extra plugins and extensions for your online store. In addition, to get a domain name and a web hosting account, you have to pay.
# 4 – Wix
If you are a newbie in website development, considering Wix is worth it! Wix is a CMS platform that allows users to build a free and professional website. This platform is a complete online business solution with over 500 customizable, eye-catching templates and free, reliable web hosting.
- Massive Template Collection
- Easy to create and duplicate website
- Intuitive Drag And Drop Interface
- Extend Your Site Features With Wix App Market
- There are no unlimited plans
- Drag and drop designs can limit your creativity
- Wix is not SEO-friendly
Wix is free for Wix-branded domain names and ads running on your website. However, if you want more flexibility, you will have to pay and packages start from $13 per month.
#5 – Shopify – Content Management System Platforms
If you are looking for an all-in-one hosted CMS platform, Shopify is the right option! With this Content Management System software, you won’t need to purchase hosting, install any software or manage things like updates and backups.
It has a straightforward drag and drop interface. In addition, this platform supports in-store sales, which is perfect only if you have both physical and online stores.
- User-friendly features and customer satisfaction
- Brilliant inventory system to manage your store
- Sell across different channels, including Facebook, Instagram, and Amazon
- The only platform to apply its transaction fee, unless you use Shopify Payments
- Content doesn’t automatically reformat when you switch themes
The cost-effective plan is $29/month. The most expensive is $299/month and contains more features. If you pay for a year upfront, you will get a discount.
#6 – Magento
Magento is a powerful open-source eCommerce platform. There is a free version you can install on your hosting web account called Magento Open Source. Shopping cart systems, site builders, product catalog management, and marketing tools are some basic features that make Magento a more popular CMS among website developers.
- Magento is highly customizable
- Flexible Magento content management
- You can connect different payment gateways to Magento
- Build SEO-friendly web pages
- Magento might seem overwhelming for beginners in eCommerce
- Going premium is costly
- It can become quite complicated
Magento Commerce is not cheap, even if it is so costly. Its price starts at around $22,000/year.
As you can see, CMS software helps you develop a website without needing to edit code every time. The CMS mentioned above platforms help you launch a website while managing your content in 2021. If you need a reliable CMS website, get in touch with Yugasa!
How can Yugasa help in CMS website development?
Being the best CMS development company, Yugasa provides scalable and cutting-edge Content Management System software solutions for all types of businesses. Our expert developers build CMS websites that can be easily managed and you can update the content yourself after the deployment easily.
To enjoy CMS website development services, you can contact our expert developers today!
Read More: TOP 10 CMS PLATFORMS FOR YOUR BUSINESS NEEDS IN 2021